Speaking up about mental health in the current predicament on the topic, Importance of mental health awareness in the 21st century! The eligibility rules for the short film competition are as follows:
How can you register?
Participants may access the registration and submission platform at Ahappierme.org To register, click here and follow the prompts to create and verify your account. Once you have registered with all the required information, you can upload your short film. If the participant is under the age of 18, they must first download the consent form from the website, get the form completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian, and then upload the signed form along with your short film.
What is this contest about?
The participants are required to submit a short film, addressing the current mental health scenario in the country, how the pandemic has worsened the mental health of people in their community, myths, and stigma, ways to reduce or eliminate the same, when people seek mental health treatment, particularly in the underserved communities. Your short film should include creative ideas, suggestions, and solutions and not just facts and data on mental health conditions. Your short film can center around the following points:
- Ideas and solutions that can start a conversation,
- Solutions for reducing or eliminating cultural barriers.
- Suggesting changes in healthcare policies
- Addressing areas of concern for people and communities in remote areas.
General instructions for submission
Follow these instructions to submit an entry:
- Our Jury reserves the right to reject an entry and withhold the prize based on unscrupulous activities on part of the participants.
- The participants must register before they can submit their entries. You can register here .
- Click ‘Submit’ and agree to the terms and conditions of this challenge. You must agree to the terms and conditions before proceeding to the submission page.
- There is no limit on the number of categories in which a participant can submit their entries. You can find our categories, here .
- The general category is free for all. Other categories have a registration fee.
- Multiple entries are not allowed for the contest. One should send a single entry for the competition. However, a single entry can be submitted into different categories.
- Submissions shall not be accepted after the relapse of the deadline
NOTE: There will be no return of any entry fees
Criteria for Judging
Based on the short film submitted by the participants, they will be judged on the following elements and criteria:
- Clarity of the theme,
- Interpretation of the theme keeping in view the audience,
- A general impression of the short film,
- Quality of the composition of the short film,
- The major criterion for judgment will be creativity and originality.
The participants who submit their entries agree to the following:
- The participants grant us usage of the submitted/chosen artwork for display, marketing, promotional, and commercial purposes.
- The participant further agrees that we can maintain an archive of the submitted/chosen artwork for the purpose of marketing. This archive shall be available for public viewing.
- We will credit each artwork with their Artist Name and Image.
- The Artist shall maintain all copyrights of the artwork submitted to us.
- Sales: By entering into this competition, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual license to sell the original artwork for a fee.
- Copyright: The artwork must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless a) Participants have a license to use such works, or b) the use of such works is a fair one under the copyright laws. The participants will retain any licenses and provide them to us upon request.
Short film submission rules
- The participants should submit a short film only. We are not currently accepting documentaries.
- The short film shall not be more than 5 minutes. The minimum length should be 1 minute including credits. Entries not falling under this time limit will be rejected.
- The short films can be in their original language but must be subtitled in English.
- Short Films previously submitted to any other competition will not be considered for this contest. The participant will be disqualified or the prize withheld.
- The short film may be shot in MPEG4 or AVI format. The recommended ratios are 16:9 / 16:9 Full Height Anamorphic – in DV / HDV.
- The short films selected for the final round will not be allowed to withdraw.
- Mental health and COVID-19
- Mental health during the pandemic
- Impact of self-isolation on mental health
- Impact of change in routine on mental health
- Mental issues myths and stigma
Get a chance to win over 500 prizes.*
Registrations will remain OPEN! You can submit your entries by 31st March 2021, 11:59 p.m.